An Integrated Information System for organizing, managing, distributing and selling of touristic services
The integrated information system etour aims at collecting, organizing, managing, distributing and selling services of a touristic enterprise and distribute them in real time by usage of internet.
The functions and features of etour fulfill both requirements of outgoing & incoming.
The on-line system etour collects, organizes, manages, promotes & distributes touristic services including :
- Booking Accommodation (hotels, resorts, bungalows, etc).
- Booking airline seats (charter & scheduled flights) and issuing tickets.
- Organizing excursions and booking process (excursions).
- Booking standard touristic packages (scheduled packages & custom made packages) and offers.
- Booking & issuing tickets - Ticketing (buses, ferries, trains, etc.).
- Car Rentals (rent-a-car).
- Transportation to and from the airport, port, etc. (transfers).
- Bus leasing and management of seats.
- Cruises as a package of combined services.
- Professional & individual trips.
- Special interest trips and conferences.
- Managing alternative forms of tourism (winter, educational, mountaineering etc.).
- The system provides availability and costing information for the services that manages.
- The system's users are able to make reservations for the services provided be the system.
- As long as there is availability of a service, the user receives a direct confirmation of the booking, as a result the toilsome procedures of telephone contacts, messaging and faxing are avoided.
- The system undertakes issuing the travel documents, vouchers, tickets, etc.
- Moreover, there is a capability of exporting many aggregate reports that can provide a total overview of the reservations, the remaining assets and the accounting information.
- Last but not least, the system provides to the system's users and administrators the ability to exchange messages.
- The etour system has the possibility to link (interface) with private booking systems (hotels', ferries', airplanes', etc.) as well as with accounting systems and business management packages & ERP.
Three are the levels that the systems offers its services :
- As a selling system for the owner of the system (provider) to sell the travel services to the customers - final users of the internet (B2C).
- Among many tourist enterprises, as a Business to Business (B2B) activity, (multiple service suppliers, travel agents and providers).
- As an internal reservation system, in order to organize and manage the company's touristic services (intranet).
The system etour applies to :
- Travel Agencies and other tourist enterprices (car rental κλπ).
- Tour Operators, Travel Agents, hotel chains, etc.
- Tourist portals that handle and manage on-line & real time bookings of tourist enterprises.
- Entities and organizations that provide package tour services such as Municipal, Prefectural and Regional tourist enterprices.